Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Monday, April 18, 2011

Today's Report; Walgreen's, Rite Aid, Walmart

 Today we got out early and hit 3 stores. Since I don't shop on Sunday, it is imperative that I get out as early as possible Monday morning! I'm glad I did!! It still didn't get me all that I wanted, but we did pretty good. The kids were real troopers and much better behaved than usual. The stars are smiling on me today! Well... except maybe for the downpour of rain the whole time we were out. :)
 First stop was Walgreen's as they are not very good at having sale items in stock. I wanted to get there as quick as possible. I missed out on the amazing Dove bars but got a rain check.



 I took advantage of the Colgate rewards deal; 
(1) Colgate Total @ $3.00
(1) Colgate 360 Toothbrush @ $3.00
-$1/1 Colgate Total coupon
-$1/1 Colgate 360 (April All You mag)
Paid: $6.00
Earned $4 Register Rewards

I also grabbed the Tresemme hair care rewards deal. If you want to use the -$1 Tresemme coupons (Climate Control only), your items will all be $4.99 each.
(2) Tresemme Climate Control Mousse @ $4.99 ea
(1)Tresemme Climate Control Aerosol Hair Spray @ $4.99
-(3)$1/1 Tresemme Climate Control Hair products
(1) Easter Tumbler @ 6/$1 (w/in-ad coupon)
I used this item as my "filler" so that I could apply my register rewards. 
-$4 Register Rewards  
Paid: $7.56
Earned: $5 Register Rewards

I didn't end up using my $5 register rewards for anything else as they were out of the Dove Bars and didn't get any of the Tollhouse choc chips in their shipment, nor the Crayola Wonder on the go's. They were also sold out of the 50% off Airwick Freshmatic Kits. 
I got rain checks   for the Dove Bars, Tollhouse and Airwick. 
**Frustrating note** This isn't the first time that something was listed in the sale ad that none of the Walgreen's stores actually carried. I am thinking of calling into their corporate offices to express my displeasure. Don't plan on finding the chocolate chips or Color Wonders. Ad match the chips at Walmart. Sadly, Walmart doesn't carry the Crayola on the go's. 
 I am saving my $5 RR to pick up my Purex I have a rain check for and also the Dove Bars and Airwick. I was told that the State Street Walgreen's will have a shipment coming in tomorrow and to call around noon to see if they have what I need. 

Rite Aid

Rite Aid makes me so happy! The one on State Street in Provo, that is. :) They almost always have what I need. 



I took advantage of the Cleaning Rewards deal. You have to purchase $30 in participating items, there are TONS to choose from, and you will earn $10 +UP rewards!
I ended up doing 4 transactions to maximize my savings.
#1
(1) Lysol Neutra Air Fabric Mist Spray @ $2.50 
-$1/1 any Lysol product Rite Aid video value coupon
-$1/1 Lysol Neutra Air Fabric Mist spray

(4) Mr. Clean Magic Eraser twin pack @ $1.99 ea
-$1/1 Mr Clean product


(1) Scott Bath tissue 12 roll @ $7.99
-$1/1 Scott 8+ rolls Rite Aid Video Values coupon
-$1/ Scott 8+ rolls bath tissue


(5) Glade Tough Odor Premium Aerosol Spray @ $2.50 ea
-$1/1 Glade Premium Aerosol Spray


Paid: $19.04
Earned: $10 +UP rewards


#2
(2) L'Oreal Preference Hair Color @ $8.50 ea
-$2/1 L'Oreal Preference
-$4/2 L'oreal Preference Rite Aid in ad coupon
(i had misunderstood this in ad coupon and had thought it was -$4 per box. I was sad to realize i was wrong but it was still a good deal.)

(2) Summer's Eve Feminine Deodorant Spray @ $3.50 ea
-.75/1 Summer's Eve online coupon


Paid: $6.12
Earned: $7.00 +UP rewards

#3
(1) Pediacare Multi Symptom cold @ $4.99
-$1/1 Pediacare online coupon
(1) Febreze Noticeables Kit @ $2.49
I will mail in my rebate form for $3.50, making this item FREE + major profit!!!
(1) Puffs w/Lotion Cube .99


Paid: $ 1.04
Earned: $3 +UP

#4
(2) Ziplock Sliders @ $2.50 ea
-$1/2 Ziplock Sliders Rite Aid Video Values coupon
-$1/2 any (2) Ziplock items

Paid: $.34

Walmart
 I wasn't planning on visiting Walmart till tomorrow, but since I didn't get all that I wanted at Walgreen's, I figured I'd see if I could ad match any of it at Walmart.
Walmart doesn't carry Dove single bars but it does carry Snickers which were also on sale at Walgreen's. I didn't find the Crayola but I did get my Tollhouse morsels. 
Here it is:


I grabbed some bananas @ .52/lb.
(2) Hidden Valley Ranch Light (on rollback) @ $3.98 ea
-$1/1 Hidden Valley Ranch 

(2) Nestle Tollhouse Morsels ad-matched w/Walgreen's @ $1.79 ea
-$1.50/2 Tollhouse morsels

(3) Snickers Peanut Butter ad-matched w/Walgreen's @ .39 ea
-B2G1 FREE Mars candy 

Paid: $10.69

Today's Total Retail Value: $$141.87
Total Spent: $50.79
Just over 33% of retail!
I also just realized that I was overcharged $1.49 for my 360 toothbrush at Walgreen's. I will claim my refund tomorrow!

I am pleased with how today went. Not too many unpleasant surprises. I will head back tomorrow to take advantage of Walmart's double coupons and to hopefully get my Walgreen's items. 
Stay tuned for a comprehensive list of FREEBIES at Walgreen's and Rite Aid.     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment