Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday Adventures!

 I had my last personal training session today in Orem. It was an emotional experience. We took "after pictures." I hadn't looked at my "before" pictures in nearly two years and it was pretty shocking. I am so proud of how far I have come and the fact that I have been so healthy and wise about it. I am so grateful for good, supportive family and friends that have encouraged me every difficult step of the way! I'm not quite done yet, about 10 more pounds, but I am thrilled with what I have accomplished!
 After the gym, I hit Macey's to take advantage of a couple of deals on things my family uses a lot and to grab freebies.




 The Don Julio tortillas were .88 ea. The Santitas were 2/$3 and the Fuze drinks were .50 each. I of course had -$1/2 coupons for all of them. You need to buy 10 to get the .50 price, then with my mfr coupons, they were all FREE!!! The Spanish Fork store has plenty in stock on the drink aisle. Don't put it off though; if you have the coupons you need to get in there. I have a feeling that once people get wise to the deal, they will be gone pretty quick.
 I had a nervous moment at the register when I couldn't find two of my coupons. Yet another reminder that we need to keep our coupons organized! Luckily I found them in a pocket of my binder. I will be more organized from now on!
 I hit Shopko after Macey's to grab a few Perennial plants on their deal. I was also checking to see if they had the Pansies cheaper than Macey's. They didn't. I grabbed two fabulous gallon sized Perennials at $6.49 each. I sure wish I could plant them, but sadly, we have this crazy Styrofoam like snow going on outside. :(



 Since I was on my own (I know, YAY!), I decided to go ahead and hop back over to Macey's to grab Pansies. I also found a beautiful colorful annual on clearance for $1.49. I don't usually buy annuals as perennials are a way better investment, but this little beauty called to me and my main front bed is in serious need of bright color!
 The Pansies were $1.29 each.



 Again, because I was solo, I figured I better hit the recycling bins. I want to get more of the Fuze drinks before the sale ends. Yes, it was snowing. A lot. :)  My hands were freezing. You may call me crazy, but you can't say I'm not dedicated and passionate!




 Not only did I find a plethora of fine magazines and coupons, but also a lovely picture of our Lord and Savior, and a picture of Walt Disney, his wife, and Mickey mouse. I enjoy the little things. :) Now I must clip and sort! Dedications friends! Hands warm back up! Savings won't wait for you! :)

2 comments:

  1. Where is the recycle bin that you go and get Magazines from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can find recycling bins at almost any school. check out the ones near you! You can also find them at city buildings and some libraries. Good luck!! Let me know what you find!

    ReplyDelete