Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Get Ready for Wow!!!

 I hit Walgreen's and Walmart today with the kids. They did fine in Walgreen's but Walmart was not the most pleasant experience. We all survived though and they are now eating happily. :)
 I think my Walgreen's haul was my best score ever... See for yourselves:





 Here's what I did:

Transaction #1:

1 Stayfree maxi pad @ $2.99
-$1/1 any ONE Stayfree product
+ $2.99 RR
3 Purex Laudry Detergent @ $1.99 ea (raincheck from a few weeks ago)
-$1/1 Purex liquid or 3 in 1 products
6 Dove Chocolate Bars .39 ea (raincheck from a few weeks ago)
-.75/2 Dove singles
1 paper Easter gift bag .12 (clearance)

Used $5 RR from a purchase a few weeks ago.
Paid: $.85

Transaction #2:
 2 Gallons of Milk $1.99 ea
12 Nestle Butterfinger Snakerz @ .39 ea
-$1/2 Butterfinger Snakerz online coupon
-$1.50/2 Butterfinger Snakerz online coupon (I don't that they should have taken this coupon, but I didn't realize it's value till after we were done....)
3 paper Easter gift bags .12 ea (clearance)

Used $2.99 RR from last transaction.
Paid: $.30
Here are the numbers:
Total retail value: $47.78 (w/tax)
Total Spent: $1.15
Um.. yeah, that's like .025% of retail... :)
Great way to start off my low budget week!

On to Walmart!
We went to the Springville store rather than drive all the way up to Orem. Unfortunately, Orem had some Quick Cook noodles that I wanted to use a double coupon on, which would've made them FREE. Springville doesn't carry them for some reason.. :( I will probably hit Orem next week and swing up to Target while I'm in the area. 
Now as you know, it was of course doubling day at Walmart today, and I found some pretty good things. I don't know that I hit my 10% goal, but after how great we did at Walgreen's, I think it makes up for the difference!



Here's what I did:
Green Grapes 1.83 lb @ .76/lb!!!
1 Cucumber .33!!!
1 Roma Tomato .26
4 boxes Atkins bars @ $3.00 ea (on clearance)
-$1/1 Atkins bars
This was a super lucky find! Here's a lesson learned though: clip ALL the coupons that you can for items you buy regularly! This was a great stock up situation but I only had (4) $1 off coupons in my binder. The worst part; I had plenty more at home in my overstock circulars!!! Be prepared!!! You never know when that great deal will appear!!!  

2 Knorr Chicken Bullion  @ .68 ea
I found this in the Mexican foods section. You may find that lots of spices are less expensive in this area. Be willing to look around for savings!

2 Aquafresh kids toothpaste @ $1.88 ea
-$1/1 any Aquafresh kids toothpaste

2 Dark Chocolate Peeps @ .49 ea (Easter Clearance)
-$1/2 any chocolate or dark chocolate Peeps online print
Another situation where I wish I would've gone ahead and printed 2 copies of this coupon, as then I would have gotten 4 for FREE, rather than just 2!

3 Reach Dental Floss @ .88 ea
-$1/1 Reach Dental floss or flosser or toothbrush    

2 Lays Potato Chips @ $1.88 (ad-matched with Macey's)
-.55/1 Lays any potato chips
If you want to ad match an item, you won't be able to double the coupon with it. They make you choose one or the other. :(

3 Duncan Hines @ $1.50
-.50/1 Duncan Hines Brownie  (doubled to -$1.00)

3 Fleishmans Yeast packets of 3 @ $1.04 ea
-.40/1 Fleishmans yeast packets or jar (doubled to -.80)

7 Uncle Ben's Rice packets @ $1.34 ea
-.75/1 Uncle Bens Whole Grain rice products ("doubled" to -$1.00)

1 Yoplait Yogurt tub @ $2.27
-.50/1 Yoplait any flavor 32 oz (doubled to -$1.00)

Here are the numbers:
Total retail value: $82.62 (w/tax)
Total spent: $22.68 (w/tax) 
That's what..... just over 25% of retail. Not too shabby!
Giving me an average of 13% of retail for the day. :)

Can you beat me?!?! If so, you better give me the details!!! ;)



1 comment:

  1. Ps. At Walgreen's, I had to ask the amazing manager to look in the back for my Snakerz and Purex. Don't be shy or you will probably miss out!!!

    ReplyDelete