Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Friday, April 22, 2011

Cheap but practical wedding gift!

 My husband is off to a soccer buddy's wedding reception with our daughter in tow. I am not feeling up to going with and my husband isn't super excited either, but he promised the friend that if he gave him an invite, he would for sure attend. Now when he asked, 20 minutes ago, to "put together" a wedding gift, do you think he meant I should run out to JcPenny's and grab some over priced, totally impractical piece of glass?! No! You know how I do gifts!
 I keep several buckets and baskets on hand from the dollar store for just such an occasion. After selecting the appropriate bucket for a couple I barely know, it was just a matter of filling it with household cleaning supplies from my stockpile. Add a recycled piece of wire ribbon, a clearance bow and a generic blank card with our penned in well wishes, and you have a simple but very practical wedding gift, totally appropriate for the reception of someone you hardly know!
 And some people think I'm crazy for doing this whole couponing-deal hunting stuff! Crazy, yeah, crazy like a fox! ;) I paid maybe $3 for the whole thing, and I doubt it was even that much. Not too fancy, but I am very okay with that since I'm sure the bride will have no idea who we are and will be very grateful for the air freshening spray when she realizes she is married to a man. She'll be thanking the unknown woman for the cheap but practical gift!


No comments:

Post a Comment