Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Rolling with the punches.. Today at Walmart

 I hit the double coupon day at Walmart early this morning. Many lessons learned. Many surprises. Some nice, some not so much. 
 As last week they were doubling $1 coupons, they had just decided this morning that they would not be doing that again. Understandable, but still not cool. So I ended up with only one cart full instead of two. Still did really well and stayed in my $50 budget. Overall I would say it was worth it and look forward to the planning and number crunching that will go into next week's plan.
 I was happy to see other couponers there, taking advantage of this great opportunity.
We all had to do a bit of shuffling and last second recalculating at the register to still get great deals. I was impressed with how well everyone handled the disappointment and just rolled with it.




 Here's what I did:
Quick Cook Noodles .94 
-.55/1 coupon= FREE
(2) Frosted Flakes Ad matched w/Smiths @ $1.88
-$1/1 online coupon= .88 ea
(2) Slim fast shake multipacks ad matched Target @ $4.99
-$1/1 in box coupons= $3.99 ea
(5) Mr. Clean Magic Eraser 2pk $1.97
-$1/1 coupon= .97 ea 
(4) Carefree liners 22 ct .97
-.50/1 coupon= FREE
(5) Yakisoba noodles .58
-.50/1 c= FREE
(2) Fuze drinks ad matched Smiths @ $1 ea
-$1/2 Fuze c= FREE
(18) Propel Fitness water .97
-$1/2 Propel fitness or zero water= FREE
(1) Hidden Valley Ranch 16oz $2.78
-$1/1 c= $1.78
(2) Men's SpeedStick deoderant .97
-.50/1 c= FREE
(2) Reach Dental Floss .97
-.50/1 c= FREE
(2) Febreze Set and Refresh ad matched Smiths $1.49
-$1/1 c= FREE 
(6) Scrubbing Bubbles ad matched Smiths $1.49
-$1/2= .49 ea
(2) Soft Scrub Total ad matched Walgreen's 2/$4
-$1/1 c= $1 ea
(4) Clorox wipes ad matched Smiths $1.49
-$1/2 c= .49 ea
(10) Kellogg's Nutrigrain Bars ad matched Macey's $1.50 ea
-.75/2 c= .75 ea
Most of these boxes also announced that they contained $5 in breakfast coupons! So take that into consideration and they paid for themselves! 
(1) box Atkins meal replacement bars $4.96
-$1/1 c= $3.96 


Break it down:
Total Retail Value: $ 181.66 (w/tax)
Total Spent: $48.13 (w/tax) 
Just over 25% of retail
Ps. Another good reminder:
Scan your receipts! I found in blogging this that they charged me for 3 cereal when I only got 2. I will of course get my refund when I am up there again this weekend. Every dollar counts!!!
PPS. Springville is now participating in Tuesday doubling but they have a few more restrictions. At this point I will stick with Orem.    




No comments:

Post a Comment