Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Friday, April 1, 2011

Rite Aid Report

Lesson learned: Ask for a manager!!!
I was in the Provo Rite Aid yesterday evening to take advantage of the Finish dishwasher product deal. I knew they would be well stocked, which they were. I had a total of 5 transactions planned. The first two went perfectly. For the third one, I was going to use the mix and match buy 3 skin care products deal where you'd earn $5 +UP rewards. The cashier assured me that I could double the deal in the same transaction and still receive $10 total rewards. Mid stream, another cashier took her place. It was a mess from there!
In the middle of ringing up my next transaction, I realized that only $5 rewards had printed from the last transaction. I addressed the issue and was basically told that I was up a creek. I was incredibly frustrated and had to put back one of my laundry detergents. I was told that if I canceled the previous transaction, I would lose not only the coupons I had used, but also the +UP rewards I had used in purchasing it.
Why didn't I ask for a manager???
Sadly, not all cashiers know everything there is to know. They are often misinformed! Ask for a manager!!! I was tired and ready to go home and she seemed so sure. I took her word that the only option I had was to call 1 800 RITE AID for help. I went ahead and called them this morning. They were incredibly helpful and apologetic. I was informed that if you ever do return an item or cancel a transaction, you WILL actually be refunded your used +UP rewards in the form of store credit!
She promptly took down all of the information and filed a complaint for me with the store. I don't want anyone in trouble of course, but I also don't want another couponer to go through what I did.
My $5 +UP rewards are now in the mail, happily on their way to me. It still sucks that I wasn't able to use them toward my balance yesterday, but now I will have them for whatever deals I fall in love with in the next week or two. Must maintain a positive attitude if you are to survive in the world of Extreme Couponing!  :)
So here's what I got:
Now, based on the fact that I will be getting my $5 refund in the mail, here are the numbers and how I did it. If you do the "Aveeno" deal, make sure you get your rewards!!!!
I bought 10 Finish Dishwashing products at 50% off retail. They were $3.24 ea. I did 5 per transaction and earned $5 +UP each time. I also used mfr coupons. The rewards from the first set I used toward the second set.
I did the Aveeno deal, getting two of their baby items, 2 Clean and Clear products, and 2 Neutrogena face bars. I used coupons on the first 4 items. With this deal, you should get $5 +UP per 3 items purchased.
I used rewards and coupons to buy the following:
2 Xtra laundry detergents @ sale price of $1.99 ea.
8 Snickers Easter Eggs @ .69 ea.
-$1/2 Mars Easter products
2 Snickers PB Squared single serve @ 2/$1
1 Twix @ 2/$1
-Buy 2 Mars single serve, get 1 FREE
2 Trident Vitality gum @ B1G1
-B1G1 Trident Vitality Gum Free
I would have gotten several of these freebies, but they were out of stock. I will be checking another Rite Aid during my travels today. If necessary, I will pick up a Rain Check for next week. I suggest you do the same!
1 Johnson and Johnson Baby Lotion @ $2.99
-$1/1 J&J Baby Lotion
I earned $1 +UP reward with the lotion
Finally, I used that last reward to get 3 packs of single serve M&M's @ 2/$1
-B2 single serve M&M's, get 1 FREE
With the reward, I paid .04 for these packs of M&M's.
So here are the numbers, based on me getting my refund in the mail:
Total Retail Value (w/tax): $129.86
Total Spent (w/tax): $30.29
Another lesson learned: Before paying for your order, have the cashier print up a temporary receipt so that you can make sure all items were rung up and rung up properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment