Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Leftover Remix

 I baked some cookies today with leftover ingredients that needed to be used. I am pleased with the result. My neighbor said that " necessity is the mother of creativity" or something to that effect. I have to agree. :)
 The recipe I found called for 1 box of yellow cake mix. I didn't have yellow, so I used chocolate. It also called for crushed Rice Krispies. I didn't have those, so I used my Cocoa Puffs that nobody in this house will eat as cereal. I wish I would've had nuts to add. I do think that would have been the crowning jewel. Next time!
 I had about 1/3 of a can of Raspberry Pie filling leftover from making cheesecake. So what I ended up with, were some lovely Fruity Chocolatey Thumbprints!
 Next time I will work on making them more uniform and will experiment with peanuts, walnuts, and almonds.


No comments:

Post a Comment