Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Saturday, May 22, 2010

What we have here, is a lot of my spent energy!!!

These items are from Target, Walgreens, and Walmart. 
At Target I bought the Tide 48 load detergent. The sale price was $8.99. I had $2.00 in coupons.
I got two off brand feminine deoderant sprays @ $1.54 each.
4 travel size Head & Shoulders @ $.97 ea, and then used (2) $1/2 coupons.
3 travel size Dove deoderants @ $.97 ea and used (3) $1.00 off coupons.
1 travel size Satin Care shave gel @ $.97 and used a $.55 off coupon.
3 Johnson & Johnson pink baby lotions on sale for $1.97 ea and used (3) $1.00 off coupons.
2 J&J baby powders @ $1.87 ea and used (2) $1.00 off coupons.
4 small packs of Carefree liners @ $.99 ea and used (4) $1.00 off coupons.
2 bottles of Pine-sol @ $1.97 each and used a Target coupon for -$1.00/2. It made them cheaper than the off brand equivalent.
2 boxes of Motrin PM @ $3.99 ea and used Target coupons for $1.00 off and also (2) $3.00 coupons.
1 spray bottle of Dove body mist on sale for $2.97 and used a $1.00 Target coupon and a $2.00 online coupon.
9 Kandoo travel wipes @ $1.65 ea and used (9) $1.00 coupons that I gathered from the bins.
This item is one that I had tried to get on past trips and was always out. Patience pays off! It seems that after a few weeks, people forget about older but still valid coupons. This is especially great when the deal you want is a regular price item so there is no worry about missing a great sale.

At Walgreens I bought a cute little journal for my son. It was on clearance for $2.14. I've been meaning to get one for him for a year but didn't get around to it and then couldn't find a good deal. Finally he has one! Now I need to catch up on the first year and half of his life!!!
I took advantage of their amazing Royal Jello deal. I bought 6 of  them @ $.19 each.
I also bought 2 Revlon Tweezers @ $2.99 ea and used (2) Walgreens $1.00 off coupons and (2) $1.00 off Revlon coupons.
*you can take as many Walgreen's coupon booklets as you want, usually located at the entrance*

At Walmart, among all of the fruits and veggies that were amazing deals this week, I also bought (2) 3 Musketeers candy bars on sale for $.50 and used (2) -$.25 coupons.
The most amazing deal that I got today was at Walmart. I got 2 Huggies refill packs (72 ct) @ $2.17 ea and used (2) $2.00 off Huggies online coupons!!!! Yes! They were just $.17 each!!!

It was indeed a long day. Between getting the groceries and things we needed and also hunting for the goodies and freebies, I am quite worn out but also very proud of myself!
 We used only $55 of our $75 weekly budget! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment