Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Breakdown of my ill-advised trip

A friend took the kids so that I could rest for a few hours... I am a moron sometimes... I went shopping. There were oupons about to expire and the grand opening sale at Fresh market about to end! I am officially obsessed and will seek help. :)
There were four stores I wanted to hit, I made it to two. Not bad in my condition. First was Fresh mkt. Their sale ended yesterday, so I had to get over there and use the two Colgate toothbrush coupons I found in the bins the other day. I got the brushes for $.12 each w/the coupons. They also had the four packs of light bulbs for $.88. I got several of those, both for our own storage, but also to use in my Wedding/graduation gifts. Finally, there were the Guittard baking chips for just $.98 each!!! They are regularly $3.00 each. This was a steal! I'm excited to try the mint chips in something. Any suggestions??
I made my way up to Target also. I must gripe for two seconds about they are horrible at stocking the proper amount of sale items. Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!!!! It was still a worthwhile trip, but I am thinking I need to file a complaint. :)  The light bulbs from GE that were on sale last week were happily still at the markdown price! This was super great news since I didn't make it up there last week and was quite bummed about missing out on using my coupons. And since it was no longer an advertised sale, they actually had a bunch in stock! ;) They were priced $2.14, and with my Target and manufacturer coupons, they ended up being FREE plus overage! The mini Dove deoderant and the Tide to go were FREE with $1 off coupons from last Sunday. 
The Revlon nail files were priced $1.47. I had the $1 Revlon coupon from Sunday, and also a $1 Target coupon I clipped from a magazine I found in the bins. So obviously, FREE plus overage! 
The mini Head & Shoulders shampoos are for the hygiene kits I'm working on. I had a coupon for $1/any 2. These were $.97 each in the travel section, and then with my coupon, they came to $.47 each. More than I wanted to pay, but I need them and it's definitely better than full price! :)
The Carefree liners were all FREE with $1 coupons from this last Sunday. The Vaseline 10oz lotions were not on sale. Their regular price is $2.99 each. I had the Target online coupons for $1 off, plus the Vaseline Sunday coupons for $1.25 off. Target usually lets you  print 2 of each of their coupons, so I was able to get the two for just $.74 each! You can't even get a travel size Vaseline that cheap! Since this is a regular price item, there are plenty in stock. The $1.25 coupon came in last Sunday's paper, so you should be able to find plenty of them if you hunt in the bins. Print you off a couple of the Target coupons and then borrow your neighbor's printer to get a few more! This really is a super deal!
Now the really cool deal I put together! The two Classico Alfredo Sauces were on sale for $1.99 each. I printed a coupon from their website for $1/2. I also had a Sunday coupon from a few weeks ago for $1.50 off any fresh ground beef when you buy 2 Classico sauces. There were packages of extra lean beef on sale for $3. With the coupon combination, my sauces were $1.50 each and so was the beef. Be on the lookout for other coupon combinations you can put together to maximize your savings!
Finally, the Huggies sample size of wipes I actually found in the recycling bin. FREE! :)
I'm pretty proud of what I accomplished, but also willing to admit that it was too soon for me to be driving and way too soon to have a shopping adventure all by myself. I was super wiped out!
I will try to hit Walgreens and Rite-Aid tomorrow or Friday. No big rush, as the sale goes till Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, and the Dannon Activia is the 4pk I regularly buy. Their regular price is $1.97(the cheapest I've found anywhere!). There are $1 Activia coupons that come out nearly every other Sunday, so it makes for a great deal that I take advantage of often.

    ReplyDelete