Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Cereal

  I hit Fresh Market yesterday to stock up on cereal. I found a few other good deals while I was there that I'll tell you about.
  The case of Ro-tel is the one I scored at Big Lots! I sure love that store. :)
  These Kellogg's cereals were on at FM for $1.98. As you can see, they are the large size that usually runs about $3.77 each. I had several coupons for $1.00/2 Kellogg's cereals. This made them each $1.48 each. That is more than I usually like to pay, but I was fine with it since they are the big economy size boxes and it was a great value.
  I missed out on using my Vitamin Water coupons. You snooze, you lose. This time I lost. :( A lesson on the evils of procrastinaton! I still got the store deal, which had them for half price. I'm thinking they will be good for our emergency kits.
  The other super deal at FM was the strawberries. One pound for $1.48. I was selective with the produce this time, as I was really dissapointed with their strawberries last time I bought them. I made sure to get some good ones this time. Always be sure to really look at your produce. It's not a good deal if half of it gets thrown out early!!!
  The total value of the items in the picture was $80.10 before tax. I payed $31.80 before tax. Less than half price. Not too shabby! Glad to have my cereal supply all stocked up again!
Today I pledge to get at least two food items counted for my inventory worksheet! I hope you will do the same! 

No comments:

Post a Comment