Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Smith's Report

I have to say, the Payson Smith's is quickly becoming a favorite. I stopped in and did a full recon of the entire store. I found lots of great unadvertised prices/deals and of course some great freebies on the clearance end caps, which brings me to something wonderful.
I have a new favorite cashier! Her name is Eva. She has short, brown hair and seems to work the first shift. Whereas Smith's normally will override your coupons to match the amount of clearance items, depriving you of overage, Eva let me have the overage, citing the fact that the manufacturer will reimburse them the full amount, so why not pass on the savings.
Makes sense to me! Here are the FREEBIES/overage items:
Gum Soft Dental Picks $.44
-.55/1 Gum product= +.11

Sundown Lutein $1.20
-$2/1 any Sundown vitamin= + $.80!!!

Sundown Vitamin $1.40
-$2/1 any Sundown vitamin= + $.60!!!

Another happy surprise that I just realized on my receipt:
Easter Grass marked $.10, rang up at just $.02
There are two carts full of it and at $.02, it's a great opportunity to stock up for next Easter!!!

Other deals:
There are a bunch of items throughout the store that are 50% off as part of this week's sale. I took advantage of these two:

Ken's dressing $1.49
-$1/2 Ken's dressing= $.99 ea

Sunchips $1.99

A couple other deals:

Discount bananas $.39/lb

1 doz Eggs $.88

Land o lakes Saute Starters $.99 close out price
-$.75/1 land o lakes saute starters= $.24
There were several more available. I only took one. The are located up and to the left of regular butter.

I also grabbed 5 loaves of the $.88 Kroger bread. There is a fully loaded rack of day old bakery items but none of them were marked down enough to make me buy them.

Another deal that I may go back for:
Quaker granola bars asst varieties $1.88
-$1/2 Quaker bars RP 4/14= $1.38 ea

On to the day's hunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment