Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Spring Cleaning!

 I began Spring Cleaning yesterday! I am taking 2-3 projects each day, with help from the kids and the hubs, and we are cleaning this place up! I have a little house, so anything that we don't need or don't use, is a waste of valuable space! Time to clear out and clean up!
 Yesterday's assignments:
-clean out under my bed, organize and de-junk
-sort, organize and de-junk my recipe collection
 I am happy to report that both missions were accomplished and not only that, my husband joined in and we went through our closet and his entire dresser! We got rid of 3 grocery bags worth of junk clothes that he had destroyed at work and two big garbage bags of clothing to donate! I am so proud of him! And me!
 Today, the kids and I have been tackling the following assignments:
 The kids' closet and dresser.
 Now that my daughter's bed is up on a frame, (Thank you Leah!) we have moved the pile of clothing that is too big yet for the kids from up on the closet shelf, to down under the bed in very convenient space bags. 
  We went through all of their books, shoes, and clothing, de-junking and donating 2 grocery bags worth of items. Their toys will be sorted another day as it is time for my son's nap. It is amazing how much better their closet looks and how much more room there is up on the shelf.
 I was really glad that I sorted through all of the "future" clothes. I nearly missed out on a few items for my son. To avoid this problem in the future, I tagged the space bags with dates to go through the clothing again and will mark those dates on the kitchen calendar. I hate when we miss the chance for them to wear great pieces of clothing that are either hand me downs or fabulous deals that I find on clearance and save for later.
 The last assignment for the day, which my daughter and I will work on while my son naps: Trim up all the dead plants in my flower beds! We have our work cut out for us! We also have leaves, lots of leaves, to remove from the beds. I am soooo excited to see my gardens come to life again! Some of you know how much they mean to me, the rest of you will soon find out! :)
 I haven't decided what tomorrow's assignments are yet, but most likely it will involve my office. It is in pretty rough shape. 
 No time like the present my friends to get started! Consider it a treasure hunt and get the whole family involved! The longer you wait, the less likely it will happen.
 You don't have to do everything in one day!! Pick one or two assigments each day and do them well!
 Good luck darlings!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're doing a great job spring cleaning! Just wanted to say thank you for using Space Bag products to help store your children's clothing. We're happy to help you save space and protect clothing until its ready to be worn. If you'd like other organizing tips, feel free to visit Space Bag's online community - Space Savers. Thanks again for mentioning us in your post. Good luck with the rest of your projects.

    Best wishes,
    Space Savers community correspondent
    www.SpaceSaversCommunity.com

    ReplyDelete