Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

One Last Thing!

Don't you just love FREE?!?! Or way cheap?!?!
I do!!!
I am not ashamed to jump at people's offers for hand me downs! If you really want to be amazing at wheeling and dealing, your pride in that department has to go out the window! 
Just remember that they are getting rid of the stuff anyway! You are helping people by hauling their junk away! Feel better??
My fabulous friend Leah was kind enough to let me have a full size bed frame that I needed for my daughter's bed. I am sooo excited to get it set up!
I also stopped by Junk in My Trunk, the thrift store on Main Street in Spanish Fork. I found 3 novels for myself that I am so excited to get started on! I haven't had me a good book in so long!
I also found two really great shirts for myself, 3 jammies for my daughter and also a pair of shorts for her, a soft baseball bat and ball that she found in the toy section. I got it all for $10! I felt good about that. I like supporting local business and I LOVE sorting through junk! 
I found that they have a nice little selection of all kinds of different things. In the toy, housewares and clothing areas, you should be ready to dig and sort a bit, but that's always how it is when you're looking for treasure.
There was a huge inventory of baby, older boy, and adult clothing, but not much for young girls, like my daughter. The thing about junk stores though, is that the inventory is always changing. I will check it out again in a week or two. I recommend checking it out. A deal that she has right now: Fill a bag of clothing for $5. 
One last fabulous thing:
My brother works for Stouffers and called me early this morning with a great deal! I acquired 3 CASES of Turkey dinner tv meals for just $6.50 per case, with tax! The problem with them was the misprinted cooking instructions. Each case came with a printout of the proper instructions. 
For those who don't know, there is a thrift store in Springville, on the same road as Flying J, that sells Stouffers and Nestle products. If you have a friend or relative that works for these guys, do what you can to get them to take a shopping trip with you for an extra discount!! It is worth being a pest! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment