Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Friday, March 25, 2011

Smith's and Walmart

 In the middle of a snow storm, the kids and I hit Smith's, Walgreens, and Walmart. At Walgreen's, we just picked up some rain checks on the Dove candy bars and the Comet cleanser. They were the only deals I wanted this week and of course they were all out. Next week's ad is loaded with deals however, so I will get them then!
 Smith's still has the wonderful big 10 deal going on! Here's what I did with it this time:






 I grabbed 11 Powerade at .89 ea. (.39 w/deal).
3 Rice A Roni and 1 Pasta Roni @ $1.29 ea. (.79 w/deal)and used my Buy 3 Rice A Roni, Get 1 FREE Pasta Roni coupon.
7 bags of Kraft shredded cheese @ $1.99 ea. ($1.49 w/deal)
4 Jars of Pace Salsa and Picante sauce @ $2.49 ea. ($1.99 w/deal) and used (2) -.40/2 Pace coupons.
9 Dannon Danimals and Danoninos yogurt multipacks at $1.99 ea. ($1.49 w/deal) and used (9) -$1/1 Dannon Danimals and $1/1 Dannon Danoninos coupons.
5 bags Quaker Quakes @ $1.29 ea. (.79 ea w/deal) and used my register coupon from last time for -$2/5 Quaker Quakes.
I also grabbed a few pounds of Apples on sale for .88/lb.
I earned another gasoline discount and one more register coupon for $2 off 5 Quaker Quakes. I will take advantage of that before the sale ends.
**A quick lesson learned! Always double check your receipts!! As I'm sitting here typing this up, I just realized that they only gave me 3 ($5) credits rather than the 4 that I deserved. I gave the store a call and will have to head back into Smith's to get my refund. From now on, I will check my receipt thoroughly before leaving the store! I advise you to do the same! :)
 So, here are the numbers:
Total Retail Value: $101.29
Total Spent (after I go and get my refund) $34.12
I am frustrated that I'll have to head back into Provo. I might require some kind of peace offering from Smith's because of the inconvenience. It doesn't hurt to ask. :) Remind yourself and them of the gas money it takes to get into town. :)

 Now here's Walmart:





 Some of these items made me cringe when they rang up. Sadly, sometimes there are things we have to buy and just have to go with the best of the worst prices available. Produce this week has been really expensive! Hopefully all of the freebies and other savings make up for it!
 What I got:
5 boxes of Quaker Chewy Granola Bars on clearance @ $1 ea
2 boxes Zone Perfect Bars @ $4.34 ea
(2)-.55/1 Zone Perfect bar or bars
2 Boxes Slim Fast Shakes multi pack @ $4.98 ea
-$1/1 Slimfast (found inside the last ones I bought)
9 pk Utility Cloth $3
(3) 2 pack Kitchen Towel Sets on clearance @ $2 ea
8 Yakisoba Noodles @ .58 ea
(8)-.50/1 yakisoba noodles
Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing $3.48
-$1/1 Hidden Valley Ranch
Lender Bagels $1.43
Country Crock Spread $2.44
-$1 wyb 1 Lenders Bagels & 1 Country Crock Spread
Star Kist Tuna pouch .78
-.50/1 Star Kist Tuna pouch
3 (3pk) Fleishshman's Yeast @ 1.04 ea
(3)-.40/1Fleishman's yeast
Fructis Hair Care travel size .97
-$1/1 Fructis Hair care item 
5 Pert Plus 2 in 1 Hair Care travel size @ .97 ea
-$1/1 Pert Plus 2 in 1 Hair care
Celery $1.14
2 Mangoes @ .78 ea
Roma Tomatoes $1.44/lb
Almond Accents $2.98
-.55/1 Almond Accents
1 Bag Salad @ .94
Here are the numbers:
Total Retail Value: $105.07 (w/tax)
Total Spent: $47.68 (w/tax)

I know we are always shooting for FREE, but as long as you can hit at least 50% of retail, pat yourself on the back and be proud of what you have accomplished for yourself and your family. :) 
 
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment