Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Friday, March 11, 2011

Big Lots and Macey's Report

 The best deals I found at Big Lots today were these:
Fruit Roll Up snacks .85 per box on the clearance endcap
Slim Fast Snack Bars  $2.50 per box
I was actually hoping to get the meal bars, which they usually have plenty of, but they were all out this time. The beauty of that store, you just never know for sure what they will have!
I grabbed a few other snack type foods for the kids and then headed to Iguana Inks in Provo for my ink jet cartridge refill. I love going there as they always give me a good price and quick service. Be sure to bring in an empty cartridge to trade!
 At Macey's in Spanish Fork, they were still well stocked on the .88 deal items. I was surprised that there wasn't a huge display for the .88 Fruit snacks. There's only what's available in their regular home. I grabbed 12 boxes and there weren't tons left but hopefully they will restock them as there is still awhile left to this sale. 
 Lots of .88 frozen juice concentrate still available in a variety of flavors. Apple is selling the fastest.
I grabbed the .88 French Bread. Such a great deal! And the Liberty brand canned Pineapple! There's tons of it available so stock up! This is a nice price.
 I was dissapointed by the lack of fresh fruit/veggie deals this week. Luckily we have some left over from last week. 
 I have looked over the upcoming deals for Walgreen's and Rite Aid, beginning Sunday and there is a lot to be excited about! 
 Also, some great coupons are coming out this weekend! It's all about summer! I will finally be able to restock my Hidden Valley Ranch dressing, as they have a good coupon coming out. Just need a sale to go with it!
 I'll get the new deals posted later today but for now I must go work on today's Spring Cleaning Assignment: Laundry! I figured it was time to work a regular chore into the mix, as we are running low on clean clothes. 
 I was successful in getting all the cupboards and shelves cleaned and sorted in the upstairs bathroom yesterday. I was amazed at how much junk I have held onto through the years, hauling it from one home to the next. I got rid of all kinds of stuff and it looks and feels so much better! There is such a great feeling that comes along with this process, I highly recommend you give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment