Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Monday, April 26, 2010

Today's Treasure Hunting Adventure!


We only made it to one thrift store today, Deseret Industries. I feel pretty good about it though. I got a few things that I've been needing at seriously great deals and surprising quality.
For me, I got an absolutely luxurious bedskirt($3.00) for my bed. I will post tomorrow the finished product of my bed makeover. 
I also got two beautiful pillowcases($2.00) that look new. they will be a great accent.
The sunglasses are fabulous! And for $1.50, you can't go wrong, especially with how often my glasses get broken. This will be my third pair this year! 
Finally, I got a fun tote bag($1.00) that spouts Recycling propaganda beautifully! It will be my 'church' bag. My purse just can't hold everything, even though my hubby calls it a duffle bag.
For the kids, my boy got 5 much needed summer t-shirts and my daughter got 4 of her own. They were all $1.00 each and my kids are set on t-shirts for the summer, combining these with what they already have. Since young kids tend to destroy their clothes anyway, this is a very cost effective way to clothe your kids and promote recycling at the same time!
Finally, I found a white fitted bed sheet for my daughter's bed. It was still in the package!!! It cost me just $3.00.
Do the math and you will see that it's worth the time and hunting at your local thrift stores to find great bargains and household necessities without breaking the bank!

No comments:

Post a Comment