Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Four Stores in 2 Hours w/2 kids!

Today was a triumph! I hit four different stores with both kids in tow! My goal was five, the only one I missed was Target. I am pretty darn proud though.
There were so many deals this week, it was hard to stay in my budget. Fresh Market is having it's 'Grand Opening' and so there are savings galore! I highly recommend checking it out. The best deal there, and it's a good one if you can find them in stock, were the Colgate Wave toothbrushes. Advertised for $.87, with a limit of four, they went perfectly with the Colgate toothbrush $.75 coupon that came out last Sunday. Yes, I got the last 3 that Provo had on the shelf for just $.12 each!!! I'm going to hit a couple other locations before the sale ends. 
Macey's also had some good stuff, probably to compete with FM's grand opening. The best deal I got there would have to be the 24oz Pace Salsa for $1.88. I got four of them but would liked to have gotten more.
Smith's got a visit. They had a couple of stellar things. The milk is on for 3/$5 again. Super price! They also had an off brand of 2 ltr sodas for just $.65 each! I stocked up! My hubby can't say there's nothing but diet soda in the house anymore! :)
Finally, Big! Lots! was a must! I needed baby food and Big! Lots! is the ONLY place to buy it! I haven't found a sale or coupon deal yet that can match their prices. I stocked on several varieties of bottled food, and also some Gerber Graduate snacks and meals. The prices were phenomenal. I was very pleased with today's selection. I haven't seen it this good before. It is a hit and miss store, you never know for sure what you might find. I always leave pleased however. :)

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow! I'm so jelous of the tooth brush deal! And the Salsa. My Winco here has 2 gallon milks for 1.68 all of the time, so I think that's a pretty good deal. I'm trying to head into this slowly, but I really need to hit the recylcling bins next monday. I don't even know where to go though. Where do you go? I picked up an Albertson's add yesterday and the only really good deals I saw were strawberries and tortilla's. I think I'll go get some of those today. And I had no idea you were having carpal tunnel surgery. I hope that all goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Josie, I would start by looking at your city building, local library, or elementary school. Most of these locations have recycling bins. You also need a binder with some plastic pocketed pages to store/organize ur coupons in. Get to that point, and then we can go further from there. :)

    ReplyDelete