Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

All the trimmings!



To the not so savvy decorators in need of ideas, here is a way to brighten up your decor for FREE with a little bit of creative recycling!

First we have a pillow I made from left over curtains that I inherited and hung in my bedroom. There were lots, so I made a couple of throw pillows and added beads from a broken necklace, attached with hot glue and left over hemp twine.
 The other throw pillow. I used the hang tabs of the curtain as decorative fringe on this one. It was a really fun project!
To the right, I grabbed one of my many large flower vases and used branches and trimmings from my front yard. I had spent the morning trimming trees and shrubs. Most of the waste ended up in the trash, but this bit brightened up my home!
Finally, this was a table runner that I had in my bedroom back in my single days. We no longer needed it for a bedroom or a runner for that matter, so it became a curtain for my upstairs bathroom. With a couple of rings sewn on, I hung it over a tension rod which I hung with gold hooks for a delicate feel. It is the perfect addition to the bathroom and a great way to repurpose something!
Get creative! You never know what you might come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment