Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Walgreen's Adventure!

 I finally made it to Walgreen's this evening!! I was super pleased with myself! I got $92 worth of merchandise for just $33 out of pocket!! I feel so good!! I found one surprise deal there that I took advantage of which were 4oz off brand boxes of dried "Craisins" for just $1 each. There were several types of dry fruit available, but those were the only ones I was interested in.
 One of the sale items I wanted was out of stock. Not a huge surprise and not a big deal. It was the Homestyle Mac n' Cheese from Kraft. I am going to just price match it at Walmart or Target, wherever I end up first.
 I have to say how wonderful it was to be out couponing all on my own this evening. It was liberating, exciting, energizing! I look forward to my next such adventure, which will be at the D.I. and Savers second hand superstores. I can hardly wait!!
 One other money saving endeavor for this week will happen Friday. I am going to bake at least 6 loaves of bread!! That's about what I have room for in my freezers after the great deals I got on cheese today. I am super excited to bake as bread is not something I make often. What can you make at home that will save your family some green??
 Deal of the Day:
 Walgreen's
8oz Shredded Cheese 2/$3
-$1 off any 2 pounds cheese
(online coupon)= $1.25 each!

No comments:

Post a Comment