Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Monday, January 17, 2011

Change of Plans...

 So the day has not completely gone how I planned. Nothing new! We went to the gym, I delivered my Mary Kay products, deposited money in the ATM, and hit our local recycling bins. I scored big time!! So many great coupons!! I've spent most of the day clipping and filing!
 I wasn't able to get any shopping done today but my husband has agreed to give me a couple of hours tomorrow evening to get it done without distraction. It will be quite an endeavor! I have at least four stores to hit at this point, not only to get the super deals on my list, but also to get ready for my son's birthday party on Wednesday. I'm tired just thinking about it...
 Our kitchen remodel is coming along. The sink is up and running again. Sadly, we weren't able to recycle our old faucet. And it's really too bad because it was an expensive one. I would've liked to have found a great deal online, but the hubs just wanted it hooked up, so he found one at Home Depot that will do the job. He is not quite on the deal train with me, but is probably even more concerned about money than I am. We have yet to come to a meeting of the minds but I hold my tongue since I am the one who started the kitchen project ahead of schedule... :)
 My plan for the upcoming birthday party will include appetizers and desserts. Here are the things I plan to make at home:
Fruity Cereal Marshmallow Bars
Cheesy Bean Dip w/ chips
Homemade Graham Crackers
Pudding Pie
Jello Pie
Mini meat pies
 We shall see which ones I end up getting done. It will be an adventure! I should probably do a veggie tray of some kind. It all depends on what deals I find. :)
 What great dessert idea can you put together made ONLY with ingredients you have on hand?? Food for thought. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment