Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Friday, January 21, 2011

Today at Target!

I went to Target after the gym today. These are the items I purchased on this super quick trip. I would've gotten one more oatmeal but unfortunately I had only printed one Target coupon. :( Oh the heartache!!!
Including tax, I would have had to pay $20.45 full retail. But since I ad matched the oatmeal with Macey's $2.19 sale price, used store and mfr coupons on all 4 items, I paid a whopping $5.84 total! I will swing by Target again on Tuesday when I will be up in Orem to swim anyway. And I will not only grab another oatmeal, but also take the time to check out some other possible deals.
Lessons learned today: 1. Always double check your coupons before you leave the house!
2. Target has a much stricter ad matching policy than Walmart. You must have the current ad from the store you are matching with you!
3. Ad matching must be done at the customer service desk.
4. Even with the hassle, still very worth it!!!
I will hit Macey's this afternoon or evening and will report on it tonight. 

1 comment: