Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Smith's yesterday

So yesterday was pure craziness. The kids and I were nearly run over coming out of Fresh Market, where all we ended up with was a carton of eggs. This clown literally came within inches of hitting us with his truck, just after we walked out the door. Halelujah that his breaks worked! Needless to say, some naughty words came out of my mouth and we were pretty upset the rest of the evening.
Luckily I had already shopped at Smith's. I did well there and was glad yet again that I brought my coupon binder with me even though I already had an exact list picked out. You never know what surprise deals you  might find. For instance, I found a deal on the low fat Campbell's Cream of Chicken soup I had been looking for and also Trident gum on sale so that I was finally able to use my -$1/3 coupon! Happy surprises.
It was a quick, but worthwhile trip! Total retail value: $26.14 (before tax) Total Paid: $12.54 (before tax). My Smith's receipt was kind enough to tally the percentage I saved for me; 60%. :) I like that little feature. Remember that Smith's also gives discount of between .05 and .20 off each gallon of gas you buy at their gas pumps, depending on how much you purchase in store.
I will be back here later today to give the new deals at Walgreen's and Rite Aid.

No comments:

Post a Comment