Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Mid Day Report

 Hectic day!!!!! And only half way down today's list! We hit the gym, I prepped everything for my facial today, bought ink refills, and hit Walmart. I used just over $19 in coupons on my order and that doesn't account for the many other things I got, which are regulars for my family, that I was able to find on sale or price match for even more savings. Here are the coolest deals/coupon tricks I found:
I used my $1/2 Taco Bell coupon for 2 Seasoning packets at $.52 each. Total paid: $.04
I used my SlimFast coupon(Buy 2 Shake Packs, Get 1 FREE Box Snack Bars) The Slim Fast was on sale for $4.98 and the register let me get a box of Meal Bars instead of Snack bars. The max value of the coupon was $4.99 and the Meal Bars cost $4.98. Just another reason why you should always try to use coupons on similar items. The manufacturer will often let you substitute! Way better value this way.
So I was going to use 2 coupons on this deal, but as fate would have it, one of the shake boxes was open and spilled it's contents all over the floor. That sucked, but it also gave me the chance to see that the box had coupons printed inside!! Yay!! So I will cut them out and use them to purchase next week's Slim Fast products at an even better deal! It'll go a little something like this:
2 Slim Fast Shake multipacks @ $4.98 ea
1 Slim Fast Meal Replacemnt Bar muliti pack $4.98
-coupon B2 G1
(2x) -$1/1 Slimfast Meal Bar Multi Pack(the register lets you use these for the shakes!)
Total Retail Value: $14.94
-coupons ($6.98)
Total Price: $$7.96  Nearly 50% off!
I'm even going to see if the register will take the -$.75/1 Slim Fast Snack Bar coupon I have. Probably won't, but it doesn't hurt to try! :)

Now I must shower and get ready for my MK appointment. After that I will head to the Dollar store and to Walgreens!

1 comment:

  1. Great deals! That's one great thing about Walmart, they'll try any coupon for you. Other grocery stores won't even try to scan the coupon if they don't think it's right.

    ReplyDelete