Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Friday, January 28, 2011

Grocery trip #1:Macey's

I made a stop at Macey's today and took advantage of some great deals! The only one that was low in stock was the Farmland Sausage. I did manage to get 2 of the sausage tubes, but the boxes of links were all out. If you want them, I would try either tomorrow or Monday, and maybe call before you go.
Here's what I got! The best deals were the following:

Ronzoni Noodles @ $1.25 Paid: .75 ea
Malt O Meal 40-50oz Bags @ $2.50 Paid: $1.50 ea
Farmland Sausage @ $1.19 Paid: .69 ea
Ground Turkey Tubes @ $1.00 ea (ground turkey averages $2.50 per pound regularly) If it were in my budget, I'd probably get at least 10 more of these!
Apples @ .68/lb What a great price!
Tomorrow I will hit Smith's and maybe Fresh Market. I only have $15 left in this week's budget. Let's see how far I can stretch it! Ps. The total price paid for this order (with tax) was $43.54. The retail value (with tax) was $92.55. Less than half price and I only had $7.00 in coupons. The rest were promotional savings. The lesson to learn here: If it isn't something you absolutely have to have today, wait till it goes on sale!! Then stock up if it's something you use often! **Most items in the store will go on sale at least once each month or every other month. Patience pays!





No comments:

Post a Comment