Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Progress and Samples

  We had some rain today. It was light so I decided to go ahead and do my yard work. A little rain never hurts.
  I shoveled a lot of compost dirt from our back yard and wheeled it over the side of the driveway where I've been working this last week. I had to make two trips, but it was well worth it! The ground was much more even and I know my little plants will appreciate the nutrients!
  Once I had that out of the way, my daughter and I soaked a bunch of newspaper that we got from the recycling bin and proceeded to lay out about two thick layers along this new planting bed. This is another great way to recycle. The newspaper will eventually biodegrade, but until then, it will provide a strong barrier to keep the weeds at bay. I am going to pick up several bags of mulch today and put down 2-3 layers of it on top of the newspaper. I'm still thinking about what I want to do for a border on the neighbor side... I might take Lyndsey up on her offer to have some of her big rocks.... I am going to leave the gravel along the downward slope. It does no harm there and once I have my border in place, I think it will actually look complimentary.
 I got some more FREE samples in the mail today. They are all hair products and I will be using them in my 72 hour kits, as that is about how long they would last. I like the travel size samples better, but these are great too, especially since they're FREE! :) The Aveeno came with a $1.00 coupon.
HAVE YOU ORDERED YOUR FREE SAMPLES YET???

No comments:

Post a Comment