Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

More work

 Today I am finishing up the new flower/planting beds. I'm gonna swing by Walmart and grab several bags of red cedar mulch and one more Arborvitae hedge tree. I'm willing myself to be strong and stick to the plan. I know there are all kinds of great plants on clearance. I will be strong!! 
 I'm looking forward to seeing them all done! After I have those completed, I will be working on clean up projects. So many areas of our property have been neglected and are overgrown and yucky. Leaving your yard in that state can actually lower the value of your property and creates potential for all kinds of unwanted residents; snakes, spiders, rodents, etc. The work is hard, but very worthwhile! And it's mostly free, just takes lots and lots of elbow grease!
 I will be posting some pics of my finished projects and their approximate costs. I've gotten several plants from friends and family members, starts and shoots from their existing healthy plants. This has definitely made my projects much more affordable. If you're looking to spruce up your yard, check with family and friends before you head to the greenhouse. Try to get what you can for free.
 If you can't get ahold of any plants and don't have the money in your budget for this type of expenditure(since we're all sticking to our budgets now), start with just cleaning up your yard. Just doing things like sweeping your porch, walkways and driveways, pulling weeds and trimming existing plants and trees can make a world of difference. Plus, you'll have your yard ready for when you are able to get some new plants. Enlist the whole family in the cleaning process and you'll have it done in a snap!

No comments:

Post a Comment