Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I was strong!

 I had to stop and pick up eggs for my chicken pot pie dinner. While at Fresh Market, I found this lovely angel, an outdoor decor piece that I had fallen in love with in the spring. Back then it was $30. Well, now it's on clearance for just $9.99. I know, a super great deal! I put in my cart and headed back to get the eggs. Though I really would like to have that angel in my shade garden, I know that it will not help out family budget in any way to get it, even if it is on clearance.
 Plus, I already have plans to get my kids' much needed pictures taken this weekend, which is a splurge, so to get this well-priced angel would jeopardize my ability to get as many pictures as I know I will want. (let's face it, my kids are freakin cute!) 
 So, with great ceremony, (as is my way with most things) I put that lovely angel back on the clearance rack on my way to check out. I am feeling so strong and so proud of my personal discipline!
 Making sacrifices now, delaying our instant gratification, will make possible many more options in the future. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment