Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Inventory again! And a clever idea.

 I haven't bugged you about Inventory in awhile! Don't let it get away from you! It's like the laundry, if you'll do a load in the morning and a load at night, you won't end up with an insurmountable task. So pick an item each day to count and record on your Inventory Spreadsheet. 
 This is helpful when making up your weekly grocery list. For instance, my 'Home Store' needs batteries almost desperately, toilet paper moderately and lemon pudding cups when I find a good deal. Knowing these needs, I can keep my eyes sharp for a great battery deal to jump on. And since it might not happen right away, I will set aside an appropriate portion of my budget each week until I do find the right deal, and then WATCH OUT!!! I will be cleaning out that store's inventory of batteries!!!
 This is a great way to be prepared for when deals do pop up on items that you regularly use and run out of, that also have a relatively long shelf life. It sucks when a great deal comes up and you have nothing left in your budget so you miss out on the deal, and still have no batteries for your camera!
 Now get counting! The night is young! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment