Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Recently

I am finally feeling better!! The sicknesses are going the rounds in my house. I'm seizing the good times and getting the shopping done! I hit Rancho Market yesterday and grabbed lots of great produce deals.
Today I hit the Payson Smith's.
 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts $1.69/lb

Kroger Bread .88 ea

Quaker Popped snacks .79 ea (wyb 6 mega deal)
-.75/2 Quaker products

Philadelphia Cream Cheese .99 ea (wyb 6 mega deal)
Stayfree pads 2.29 ea (wyb 6 mega deal)
-B1G1 Stayfree pads (my cashier gave me the credit of the price before the mega deal!! So $2.76 instead of $2.29!!! Meaning I got all 4 packages for just $3.58!! Or .89 each. :)

Finish Gel Pacs $3.49 ea (wyb 6 mega deal)
-2.15/1 Finish gel pac or power tab

Comforts Diapers $5.49 (wyb 6 mega deal)
-$2/1 any Comforts diapers (Kroger mail coupon)

Dove Clinical Deodorant $2.50 (clearance)
-$3/1 Dove Clinical deodorant= +.50!!!!!

Upon closer inspection, it looks like I saved another $.50 on this item thanks to the mega deal!!! Not sure how that happened, but yay!! That means I earned $1.00 on this deodorant!!

Axe Solid Deodorant $2.63 ea (close out)
-$2/1 Axe deodorant or body spray= .63 ea
Upon closer inspection, it looks like I saved another $.50 on each of these items thanks to the mega deal!!! Not sure how that happened, but yay!! That means I payed just $.13 each for this deodorant!!

I just love when things turn out so nice!!! The Lord certainly blesses me!!!
I'm finally starting to feel comfortable with my level of supplies in both food and household goods. I am thinking I am no longer in a building mode and will now be taking advantage of deals as they come, but no longer at the same rate. Working more on now on just replenishing. 
Where are you at in your stockpile? Could you and your family live off it for any length of time? If not, you should be in building mode!
If you can live off of it for 3-6 months, then you should be in replenish mode. While replenishing, be sure to keep a little extra cash on the side for those just in case surprise deals!! Your regular budget however, should be back down to the minimum. For us, that is $20-30 per week. 
Stay tuned for more shopping adventures this week! Happy Shopping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment