Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A few things

I didn't get around to today's shopping until this afternoon. We had exciting family things this morning. :)
I definitely don't plan to shop later in the day again unless I have to! For one thing, I had all of my kids, for another, the stores are busier in the afternoon/evening and lower stocked. Any good markdowns or double deals are usually gone by the later part of the day. I found that to be true today but still made the best of it that I could. I think the true test of a master couponer/money saver is being able to turn any shopping trip into a successful venture. Even if all you gain is knowledge!

I hit Rancho Market in Provo first. I got most everything I came for except milk. The sale turned out to include only 1% and 2% and they were sold out of 1%. I got 2 of the 2% for the baby but had to ad match the 1% at Walmart. :( That goes against my principles but what can I say?? They should have stocked more!
I will point out how pleased my daughter and I were with all the nifty improvements they are making in the ambiance of the store. You need to get in there and check out the new frescoes and Venice-type arches and faux windows they are putting in! Made me feel like I was at a scaled down version of the Las Vegas Venetian Canals!! :)  
I didn't get to document our purchases from Rancho. We just dropped the stuff off and then hurried south as the day was already wearing on!
*****

 At Walmart:

Almond Accents $2.98
-.50/1 Almond Accents (doubled)= $1.98

Colgate Toothpaste .94 ea
-.50/1 Colgate (doubled)= +.06 ea

Suave lotion .96
-$1/1 any Suave product (All You Magazine)= +.04

Pentel Pens .96 ea
-.50/1 Pentel online print (doubled)= +.04 ea

Progresso Soup Starters $1.48 ea
-.50/1 Progresso soup starter online print (doubled)= .48 each

I know I have been at this for a long time now, but it still makes me so happy thinking that they paid me to take things off their shelves! ;)
*******

At Smith's:

Kroger Peanuts 3/$5

Nature Made B complex adult gummies B1G1 @ $8.99 ea
-$3/1 online print coupon= $1.49 ea
I bought some of these on the same deal with the same coupons last week and have found they do in fact help my energy levels! They don't taste amazing, but I'm sticking with them! Especially at that price!!

All laundry detergent & Snuggle fabric softener $2.49 ea
-$1.50/1 All laundry detergent Kroger e coupon
-$1.50/1 Snuggle fabric softener Kroger e coupon

I got 3 loaves of Cinnamon Swirl bread @ $.59 each on the clearance rack and
1 bag of assorted rolls for another $.59!!! I LOVE clearance bread!!
I had been wondering for the past few weeks why I never saw the bread clearance anymore. Going in the evening, I found it... Maybe they only put it out in the afternoons now? The Provo store has it in a certain place all day every day. Wishing Payson would do the same! :)

Sorry for the messy pics and the open bread! By the time we were done with our LONG day of traveling all over creation for different things, the kids were starving!

No comments:

Post a Comment