Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Efficiency

I was looking through my deep freezer, moving things around to make room for my bread. I found a few things in there that I had totally forgotten about. This got me thinking. Some of these forgotten items might be expired by now. Major bummer!! Expired food= wasted money!! No deal is a good deal if it ends up in the trash, unused or uneaten!
It is time to have an inventory management system and stick to it! I have definitely been guilty of focusing almost exclusively on the acquisition part of keeping and maintaining a stockpile. My freezer contents have made it clear to me though, that I need to put more energy into tracking, rotating, and utilizing my food stores.
Do you track your inventory? Do you have a system that you have found to be effective? If so, I'd love to hear about it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment