Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Today's Adventures!

This was a busy, very productive day for me! I was babysitting and I like to do my hunting and shopping when I have all the kids. I know that seems strange, but it's nice to have them strapped in the van where I can semi-control the situation. :) We took several breaks at stores and parks and overall, it went well. I definitely had to remind myself a time or two why it is that I babysit... but I am ending the day with a smile.
First, my shopping:

I hit the Payson Smith's and though I didn't get much, I was pleased with the surprises I found.
Uncle Ben's Rice $.55 each (clearance)
-$1/4 Uncle Bens products (All You Magazine)= $.30 each
Barilla Mini Penne White Fiber $.44 each (close out)
-.75/2 any Barilla pasta (online print)= $.06 each!!!

The only other store I hit was the Payson Walmart for double coupons:
Barilla Whole Grain Pasta $1.28 each
-.55/1 any Barilla Whole Grain (doubled)= $.28 each!!
Bounty Basic Paper Towels $.97 each
-.25/1 any Bounty Paper Towels (doubled)= $.47 each
Rayovac Batteries $.97 each
-$1/1 Rayovac batteries (online print)= +$.03 each!!!
Colgate 4.6 oz Toothpaste $.96 each (dump bin)
-$1/1 any Colgate toothpaste 4.0+ oz = +$.04 each!!!

For today's hunting, I hit Salem and Payson. I got a few odds and ends here and there:
 But at the park, in my lucky bin, I found a real jackpot! I had to put up with the smell of a bag of dead fish to get to these, but it was worth it! Yes, it is a sometimes gross job, but I love it!
 BRAND NEW CLOTHES! And they don't stink! ;)
2 ladies dress Suits, 1 with the tags still on it!!
2 Blouses to go with the 2 suits. A really nice tweed blazer, and a lovely, light pair of pajama pants that I will be keeping for myself.
Oh the things people throw away! I always wonder what the story was....
 There was also a brand new bra, still wrapped! Just happens to be my size!!! That can't be coincidence!! I had new bras on my running list. Now I have one less to buy and I couldn't be happier!
The suits and such are too big and I don't really wear that kind of stuff anyway, so I will be putting them on ebay. I just love these jackpot finds!!
Oh, and I don't think I mentioned this earlier, but I found a honey hole of coupon inserts again! Feeling so blessed!
Good night and happy hunting!


No comments:

Post a Comment