Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

3 Stores full of savings!

  I hit 3 stores today and got us some great deals. First was Fresh Market. Their sales week starts over again tomorrow.
WF yogurt 3/$1
1 lb Baby carrots .69
16 oz Land o frost deli meat 3.49
-$1/2 land o frost= 2.99 ea
Marsala cooking wine 2.29
Jennie-O Turkey cutlets $2.75 (clearance meat)

Then it was off to the dollar store! I was looking for almonds, pistachios and cooking spray. The thing with the dollar store however, is that you never know for sure if the same items will be in stock. I didn't get those things, but I did end up getting other bags of nuts, flax seed, and Fiber One bars. They haven't carried Fiber One (in full size box) before that I know of. I was pretty excited about that one!!

After that, we hit Macey's. James (my husband) has a friend at work who's wife is a much more intense couponer than myself. I've heard about her from other people; she is pretty notorious. So James just figured out today that it was his friend's wife. So he gave James a heads up on an awesome ramen deal at Macey's. I happened to have several copies of the necessary coupon, so off we all went together to take advantage of it!
Nissin Big Bowl ramen 4/$1
-$1/4 Nissin big bowls= FREE!!!!
The paper bags are full of ramen! I still have more coupons and will head back in when they have restocked!
Meadow Gold Egg Nog $1.59
Fat Boy 6 ct Ice cream sandwiches 2/$7 Buy 2, get one FREE!!!
-$1/2 Fat Boy
-$1/1 Fat Boy= $1.66 each!  I found both of these coupons in LDS Living magazines that I found in the recycling bins.
This was a really gratifying haul! Don't you just love saving money?!?!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment