Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Monday, September 30, 2013

Busy Buying! And Juicing on a Budget!

I've had a busy day already! We've run so many errands and have hit two stores. I still need to hit Macey's, but that will be later. I hit Lolo's and Rancho Market and was pleased that at both stores I didn't have to wait in line forever.
I was going to take photos of my purchases but I was hungry so I just put it all away. Lots of fabulous produce deals that I just have to tell you about!

Rancho Market:

Apples 2 lb/.99

Cucumbers 2/$1

Green Beans .89/lb

Persian Limes 2 lb/.99

Carrots .79 per bag

kale .89 ea

Roma tomatoes 2 lb/.99

Cilantro 5/.99!!!

Cauliflower .89 ea

Watermelon 4 lb/.99

Then, at Lolo's:

Don Julio flour tortillas .78

Grapes .98/lb

Bananas .45/lb

Milk 2.39 per gallon (includes whole milk)

Bunch of Beets 1.63

Red Cabbage .38/lb

Ginger root 1.29/lb

You might have noticed that I bought some interesting produce. Having been dealing with health problems for some time now and having just been diagnosed with another one, I am looking for things I can do to help myself, physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
You may have seen the show on Netflix called "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead." It showcases the benefits of juicing. I call it 'Juice Feasting' where others call it fasting. 
It is not an easy thing to do. I am committing to it just one day at a time. I have done it before for a short time and it did feel wonderful! 
Here's a problem, besides hunger, that people often run into when trying to juice; the cost! It can get very pricey as you go through so much produce for each drink!
I am so grateful to have stores like Rancho Market and Lolo's that make this adventure feasible!!! It still costs, but not nearly what it would if I were shopping anywhere else.
Even if you aren't doing something as drastic as juicing, fresh produce is still something that a lot of people don't feel they can afford for their everyday diet. Yet another reason to be grateful for these stores!! Please patronize them! We want to keep them here!!!   :)

1 comment:

  1. I've got swiss chard, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots and onions all still going strong in my garden, and I'd love to share for your juicing needs.

    ReplyDelete