Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Monday, August 26, 2013

Howdy!

Hey kids!
Sorry, I've been so busy these past two weeks and haven't been keeping up on here! School is back in session for my oldest.We had lots to do getting ready for that! My husband found a bunch of great jeans at Saver's on .99 cent Mondays for her that we still need to hem. I'm taking my sewing machine in today to have it serviced so I get busy on all of these sewing projects!
I've done several great shopping trips in the last week. I'll be doing a bit today and tomorrow also and will be reporting on them.
One of the coolest things I've found recently was at the Provo Smith's on Saturday. My baby is on whole milk and milk prices just keep going up! We had stopped at Smith's for their milk special, to get milk for the rest of us. It just so happened that I found 5 gallons of whole milk on clearance for $1.50 each!!! What a blessing! Did you know that you can freeze milk?? Plus it was still a week from expiration!
I also found a gallon of skim for myself for just $1.39! And of course we got 1% for the family for $1.88, the weekend sale price.
This is something that I have praised Smith's (Kroger) for many times before but I feel that they deserve still more praise! I just love that they clearance perishable items rather than just throwing them out when they are days/a week from their best by date!! If only more stores, like Walmart, would take up this practice! Imagine how much less waste there could be!!
Alright then, off to the gym! And then shopping and maybe a bit of hunting at my favorite retail spots! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment