Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Monday, January 28, 2013

Mega Shopping Week trip #1

This is an AMAZING week for stock ups!! The coupon match ups are HOT, HOT, HOT all over town! And you don't need lots of money to take advantage of it all. Even $10 could really go a LONG way! Especially at Smith's!
If you saw my pic on Facebook, here are the details of how it all went down and some helpful notes on coupon match ups that were listed on several sights that don't actually work. I'll save you some trouble!  :)

Walgreen's

I did 4 transactions (refer to yesterday's post for the details.) I got the following:
K-Y Ultra Gel
DHEA energy supplement
Psoriasis Ointment
(2) Cottonelle Toilet paper 12 packs
I paid just $7.71. I did 4 transactions. I will sell the first 3 items listed on ebay to make some profit off this order!
I hit the Springville store and they were fully stocked on the FREE items! You'll find them on a slightly out of the way front end cap. Finding them in their homes is very difficult! Just go to the end cap!

Rite Aid

I did only one transaction at Rite Aid. I hit the Provo store and they were fully stocked.
*Note: Several of the sale/reward items are not tagged. The employee in charge of them didn't show up for work. Just make sure you grab the same one as shown in the ad and it will ring up just fine at the register.*

(2) Scrubbing Bubbles Shower Foamer @ $3.99 ea
-B1G1 FREE Scrubbing Bubbles
Earn $3 +UP rewards!

(2) Summer's Eve products @ 2/$5
-$.75/1 any Summer's Eve product (online coupon)
Earn $2 +UP

I had $4 +UP rewards left over from last week.
Total paid: $4.37
+UP Rewards earned: $5.00!!!
I will use those rewards for trip #2, tomorrow.
*Note: The Glade Starter Kit that is listed for $3.99 DOES NOT work with the $4 Glade oil starter kit coupon!!! They are not the same and it will not be accepted. :(
You can use the -$.75/1 Glade Infuser coupon however and still get a great deal with the earned +UP rewards.*

Smith's!!!!

Let's start with what I got that wasn't on the "Mega" sale:

(3) loaves Wheat Bread @ .88 ea
(2) 9 oz Land O Frost Deli Shaved meat @ 2/$5
-.55/1 any Land o frost meat= $1.95 ea
(2)Romaine salad @ .99 ea on clearance
*If you didn't already know, Smith's is great about reducing their salad bags! I always look there for a good deal. This salad was regularly almost $5 per bag!!!*

For the mega sale: Buy multiples of 10 (mix and match) of all included items. There are several that are not advertised!! Check Southernsavers.com and Savvyshopperdeals.com for full lists!
(8) Reach Floss .49 wyb 10
-$1/2 Reach flosss= FREE

(6) Reach Toothbrushes .49 wyb 10
-$1/2 Reach toothbrushes

(2) Krusteaz Cookie Mix $1.29 wyb
-$1/1 any Krusteaz mix (online coupon)= .29 ea

(12) Activia yogurt 4 packs $1.49  wyb 10
-$1/1 Dannon Activia yogurt= .49 ea

(20) Hefty Storage bags (select varieties) .99 wyb 10
-$1.50/2 Hefty storage bags= .24 ea
-$1/2 Hefty storage bags= .49
I had about half of each of the coupon values.

(2) Philadelphia Cream Cheese .99 wyb 10

(8) Quaker Quakes snacks .79 wyb 10
-$1/2 any Quaker items (All you mag & online coupons)= .29 ea

(2) Pace Salsa  $1.49 ea wyb 10
-$.50/2 Pace Salsa (online coupon)= $1.24 ea

I had $.31 left on a Smith's gift card and $.70 left on my Jean Brown Research Compensation card. I used those and total, I paid: $31.69 cash for all of this!!!
A savings of 81%!!!
**Plus, I earned $3.00 Smith's credit on a Catalina that printed at the end of the transaction. (a gift from Reach Floss) So that would make the percentage even better! Also, Store credit coupons like this are the way to get things like produce and meat, things you don't normally get coupons for!
*Note: I had to hit the Provo and Payson Smith's stores to get everything. The only things that will be hard to find will be the Reach products. 
I also noticed when I was calculating all of this that my Payson cashier didn't scan 2 of my coupons so I will go back by there and get that taken care of. 
I was much more diligent at the Provo store, handing the cashier small amounts of coupons at a time and counting each one he scanned. I should have been as diligent at the Payson store.
If you ever wonder if all of your coupons went through, look at the bottom of the receipt. It clearly states how much you saved with coupons.*

I will be hitting Rite Aid again tomorrow and possibly Smith's if I find enough of the right coupons on today's hunt. I will also grab a couple of double coupon deals at Walmart. Stay tuned!!



No comments:

Post a Comment