Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Walmart.. and a confession

I hit the Payson store today. The good news: They are fully stocked with the Dawn dish soap that's FREE with the doubled P&G coupon. The bad news: they only let you get four. But for sure it's that limit that has made it so I could get some today, so I am a happy camper.

I also grabbed a few other goodies. The Hershey's Reese's Peanut butter chips are on rollback for $1.98. Use your -$1/2 coupon to get them for $1.48 each.
I cleaned out the .88 allergy meds. I was nearly out at home and Springville had been out of stock the last two times I went. So yes, this time I was a shelf clearer...

Now the confession..
I was buying socks and underwear for James for Christmas. I do that every year. I found some Fruit of the Loom socks that were made in the USA. It was 6 pair for around $7. On the other side of the aisle, the Starter brand (made in Honduras) had 10 pair for around $8. Yes.... I bought the Starter brand. I knew it was the wrong choice even as I was doing it. Total hypocrisy. I just couldn't get past the dollar amount. What's the lesson here?
It is going to take a lot of work, for myself also, to get everyone buying American again! 
At least they weren't made in China though...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment