Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Friday, February 25, 2011

Shopping Part 2

We are done!!! What a day! I have food coming out of my ears! In my excitement, I forgot to mention that at Smith's I not only earned a .05 discount on gas, but also these coupons:
-$1.25/5 Lean Pockets
-$2.00/5 General Mills Cereals
I will be using the Lean Pocket coupon before Wednesday so that I can again take advantage of the Daytona special!
At Target, I earned the following coupons:
FREE 1 Bottle of Propel Zero
FREE 3 ct Starbucks VIA Ready Brew

Okay, now here's Fresh Market:
10 Boxes of  Western Family Rice Mix @ .69 ea
5 Loaves of Farm Bread @ .99 ea (w/in-ad coupon, limit 5)
1 Loaf 32oz Cheese @ $3.99 (w/in-ad coupon, limit 2)

These are the super nice, yummy kinds of Farm Bread. The big fat kind! Full of whole grains and other yumminess! Regularly almost $3 per loaf!

Total Value: $29.94 before tax
Total Spent: $15.84 before tax


Here's Macey's:

 The Jiffy mixes were 2/$1. I got a whole bunch of Corn Muffin and Pizza dough mix. The Saltines were $1.19 ea. The Maruchan noodles were 5/$1, limit 5. The reduced fat Cream Soups were .99 ea.




The Santitas were 3/$5. \
The Spices were .99 ea. I was so excited to add to my collection! Now that I'm cooking so much, I come across all kinds of random spices in my recipes and they are almost always expensive! This was a great deal and something to cross off my running list. The Julia's tortillas were .88 ea and a better deal per ounce than the advertised Don Julio tortillas at the same price.
The Land o Frost deli meat was the only item I actually had a mfr coupon for sadly. Sale price: $3.29. Subtract mfr coupon for -.55//1. Not a bad deal. :)


Holy beans Batman!! I have to be patient because this deal only comes around every four months or so. This time I was wise and bought two and a half cases (cleaned them out!) of the Taco Bell Fat Free Refried Beans. They are my favorite and were on for just .59 ea! Normally around $1.19 per can! The 300 ct Cotton Balls were just .99 ea. Great for personal use and for my MK business. Hello tax write off!
Pineapple: .79/lb.  Small apples: .88/lb.   Grapes:  1.49/lb.
I am so happy to have lots of food in the house again and to have my pantry stocked! Macey's was where I got the smallest discount, but I am ok with that as these were some great deals and things that we really needed!
Total value before tax: $111.14
Total spent before tax: $72.21
I am wiped out!! Cold cereal for dinner tonight! ;)

1 comment: