Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Friday, February 18, 2011

Clearance finds at Walmart

 I had to stop at Walmart to drop off some things to a client today and while I was there, I looked for a few things on my "running list." My daughter will be in school next year, so I grabbed two boxes of clearance Valentine's cards for her future classmates. All of the Valentine's merchandise is at 75% off right now! I was able to get the more expensive kind that include a lollipop that I would never pay full price for. And as candy has a pretty long shelf life, we're good to go!


 Both of the kids also needed new sneakers. I found a really cute pair for my daughter that were on clearance for $7 and a pair for my boy that were also on clearance for $7. At the register, the girl pair actually rang up at half the marked price! Yay for happy surprises!


 I have lost about 55 pounds in the last year and a half. Because of that, I need new clothing. I am still dropping weight though, so I don't want to buy anything too pricey that I will only be wearing temporarily.  I was thrilled to find several fun t-shirts, sweaters, and long sleeve shirts marked for $3 on clearance. This cute little zip up black hoodie I found ended up being just $2 at the register!! How can you go wrong?! You won't likely find a used one at that price! I also found a fun pink bra for just $3. And it was meant to be because it was the only one like it and happened to be my size!

 This is why it is so important to have either a written list in your purse, planner or wallet, or one in you head if you have a great memory, of all the odds and ends that you or your family need. Then when you happen upon a great clearance deal or sale, you'll know exactly which things to take advantage of!

No comments:

Post a Comment