Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Bananas!

I know this has happened to all of us; we find a great deal on fruit or veggies and buy a whole bunch, not thinking about the fact that there is no way we will eat all of it before it goes bad! It has happened to me again; bananas!
 So I have scoured the web looking for yummy banana recipes. I found a super yummy recipe for Chocolate Chunk Banana cookies that turned out super yummy! The only mishap; I had started my second recipe, Banana Nut Brownies, and didn't hear the timer go off on the second tray of cookies. They ended up being a bit crispy around the edges. Funny thing is though, I liked the slightly burnt cookies better than the cooked perfectly cookies. There's some kind of useful life analogy in there..... :)

The Banana Nut Brownies are good, but the promise that you "don't even taste the banana" in them, was not accurate. They basically taste like chocolate banana bread. I added chocolate icing to the top and I liked that.

1 comment:

  1. My mom has a banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe that my family all loves! I will try to send it to you soon.

    ReplyDelete