Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

The search continues

 I tried another bread recipe today. This one promised sliceable bread, perfect for sandwiches and french toast. It is good bread, but it still crumbles. Even with the added potato flakes.
 The other lesson learned; honey is way yummier than sugar. From now on, only gonna make recipes with honey as the sweet ingredient.
 Tomorrow I will try bread recipe number three. I will also grab a few loaves of store bread to tide us over until I find perfection in the kitchen! :)

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for making bread! As for lecithin, it is a dough enhancer (whatever that means) for use in bread making. Neva has experimented with it; you might ask her. :-) Someone told me once that lemon juice makes a good dough enhancer for bread, so I always add 2 tablespoons of bottled lemon juice to my bread. I'm not sure if it helps, but it doesn't hurt, either. Another tip for not having crumbly bread is to not let it raise too long, or, alternatively, use less yeast and plan on a longer raising time. Experimentation is definitely the key! The only problem with experimenting is that when it does work out the way you want it to, do you know what you did? Ha! The good thing, though, is you have lots of samples to try throughout the process.

    ReplyDelete