Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Getting Creative!

  Hey kids!
Some of you may recall that I recently scored an amazing deal on peanut butter cookie and corn muffin mixes. Well, I have been baking like a mad woman, getting neighbor and friend cookie plates put together. And you know how I love to save money!
I used the tootsie rolls left over from Halloween to make fudge and it was delicious!!
I made several other things using stuff we already had, most of the ingredients were stock up deals and will be probably go on sale at least one more time before Christmas. Things like chocolate chips, nuts, marshmallows, and cream cheese.
I made some lovely Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies with the cookie mix and they turned out great. Now I'm thinking of all the other possible variations I could do with them! I still need to do another baking day to finish up the last half of cookies plates. Going to do that hopefully tomorrow.
I also had a crazy idea jump into my brain that I should try to use the corn muffin mix too somehow... But not for regular corn muffins. That would be far too pedestrian! I've found a couple of recipes online and I'm really excited to see how they turn out!
So, stay tuned for a report! I'll post the most successful recipes!

HAPPY BAKING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment