Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Weekend Shopping Report

 I hit Shopko twice this weekend, thanks to breaking one of my most important rules; I didn't bring my coupon binder on the first trip, Big no-no! I also hit Macey's for their one day Flag Day sale. Great deals galore!!!

Here's Shopko:





Trip #1:
I was pleased to discover Shopko's clearance section for food and pharmacy items. It is the wall at the end of the registers. I was at the store to get Slim fast, retailing $8.99 & $8.79 respectively, using -$1/1 Slim fast drink mix coupons on each of them. The price wasn't great, but I made up for that with my fabulous $10 bonus store coupon that I earned for having filled 10 prescriptions at Shopko. I grabbed two boxes of Saltines, on clearance for .99 each and then 3 packs of Nerd ropes and 3 packs of chewy Sweet Tarts, all .39 each. I wanted to buy the 2 boxes of $1.19 clearance Rice Krispies that I found, but silly me, I had left my coupon binder home and just couldn't do it knowing that I had a coupon that would make them cheaper. I counted on the coupon gods to reward me for my dedication. I decided against hiding the boxes behind some more expensive Frosted Mini Wheats. Fear of bad karma...
With the store coupon, which gives a $10 discount when you buy $20 in merchandise, I ended up paying just $10.46 for this order.

Trip #2:



 Back to the clearance section. Yay and hooray!! My cereal was still there!!! $1.19 each and I used a -$1/2 Kellogg's cereal coupon from the Nutrigrain breakfast savings pack, making them just .69 each!!!!!!
 I am soooo pleased! (patting myself on the back...)
I also grabbed two bottles of  Sundown Valerian Root to help me sleep better, on clearance for $2.49 each. I had -$1/1 Sundown coupons, bringing them to $1.49 each.
 I went against my better judgment and bought 4 boxes of Kellogg's fruit snacks at $1.49 each, only to find them for .99 at Macey's right after! So of course I returned them. :)
Total Retail Value: $61.57 (w/tax)
Total spent: $15.04 (w/tax)

 At Macey's:



 Today there are all kinds of fabulous one day specials, both advertised and not. I went over budget but I don't feel bad about it. These were great deals!!
4 boxes Kellogg's fruit snacks @ .99 ea
5 WF Ketchup 24 oz @ .79 ea
2 lb Medium Cheese @ $5.99
-$1 off any 2 lb cheese
10 Handi Snacks Pudding Packs @ .69 ea
4 cans WF Green Beans @ .39 ea
12 cans WF Corn @ .39 ea
Hershey's Chocolate Syrup $1.49
Hershey's Strawberry Syrup $1.49
-$1/2 Hershey's syrups or toppings

Total Retail Value: $60.30 (w/tax) 
Total Spent: $29.98 (w/tax)

 I am tired but glad I got this done!! Might go sit in the kiddie pool with my babies now... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment