Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Friday, June 17, 2011

Today at Kmart & Shopko

 I hit Kmart this morning to fill a prescription and at checkout, the cashier let me know that I had reward points that were going to expire this month. Do you have a Kmart rewards card?? If not, pick one up! They're FREE and the points actually do add up. You gotta love FREE money!
 I was already planning to buy a plant stand that they have on sale this week, regularly $29.99, on sale for $11.99. I already planned to get it at this great price, but then with my rewards applied (toward anything except pharmacy), I paid just $7.53 with tax!
  It's meant to hold a pot at the base and a hanging plant at the top. It adds some fun height and interest to this bed, while waiting for the bed to fill in with foliage.
 We also hit Shopko to check out their Buy one, get one for a penny sale. I was disappointed. I had checked prices at Walmart the other day on things like ironing boards and storage baskets. The Shopko prices, even with the deal, were just too darn expensive.
 It wasn't a total loss however. I checked out lots of clearance clothing racks and totally scored!
  It's Father's Day this weekend and I needed to grab stuff for the hubs. I had already decided that I was getting him some new clothes. Knowing that some of the things in his closet he has had since highschool...
 I had to dig quite a bit with crazy restless kids in tow, but it was well worth it!
 I found this Utah Utes shirt for just $3.74. This black Adidas shirt was $8.00!!
  This nice button down shirt was $8.99. And this gray Champion shirt was a great deal at $6.00. I am so pleased! And I know he'll be happy to have some fresh new duds. :)
 While my daughter was in the bathroom, I hit the clearance and sale racks in the ladies athletic section. I grabbed these two workout tops for $3.99 each!
 Friends, you really can save money!! I know how expensive it is just to live right now!! Gas, mortgage, food, clothes, diapers, medicines, etc. It really adds up and the needs never end!!!! With some patience, determination and time, YOU can save your family money!! It IS possible to get the things you need and the things you WANT and still put money into your savings account!! 
 Sometimes you will have to make do while you wait for those great deals. We live in a pretty entitled, spoiled era. Get over it!!!!  Now is not the time for tantrums and fits! Instead, pull up your boot straps and get creative! Not only will you make your family life more comfortable, you will also teach your children invaluable lessons on frugality, creativity, sacrifice, and gratitude. 
 Off of my soap box now. :) Happy Shopping!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment