Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Today's Shopping Report

 With the help of super fabulous best friend, I was able to hit four stores today. I couldn't have done it without her!

First was Buy Low:




Celery Stalk .69 ea
Cucumbers 4/$1
1 lb Baby Carrots $1 ea
Oranges 4 lb/$1
Peaches .50/lb
Roma Tomatoes  .69/lb
Mushrooms 8 oz  $1.50

Total Paid: $8.79

Next... Sam's Club:


Almonds 48 oz  $8.98
Yoplait Delights  $5.73
Total Paid: $15.15

And then.... Walgreen's:

I did 3 transactions at Walgreen's. I had a different plan in mind before I got there but then I realized that the $5 in Register Rewards I had left from another trip were from Proctor & Gamble. You can't use a P&G reward to buy another P&G item. So I had to rethink my plan, which was initially to use it to buy another razor that would earn me more rewards to pay for the rest. So....
I paid more than I had originally hoped to, but it is an important reminder about the rules of register rewards. Double check the details of your plans before you get to the store!

Transaction #1:
Scott Tissue 12 roll $6.99 w/in-ad coupon
-$1/Scott tissue 12 or more rolls

1 Sobe Lifewater @.99
Earned .99 Register Rewards

Used $5 RR from another trip
Total Paid: $2.48

Transaction #2:
Gillette Fusion Pro Glide $9.89
-$4/1 Gillette Pro Glide Razor system
 Earned $5 RR
Deerfield Baking soda .50 w/in-ad coupon

Used .99 RR

Total Paid: $6.08

Transaction #3:
Walgreen's Honey Bear 12 oz $1.99

Sobe Lifewater  .99   
Earned .99 RR

(3) Sidewalk Chalk @ $1 ea

Used $5 RR

Total Paid: $ 1.27
Plus I have an extra .99 RR to use next week

Total Retail Value: $46.88
Total Paid: $9.83

And finally...  Macey's!

I will be hitting Macey's again this Saturday morning for their Flag Day sale. I did grab a few things today though that are on sale all week.




2 Kellogg's Rice Krispies @ $1.79 ea
-$1/2 any 2 Kellogg's cereals 

1 doz Large Eggs $1.39
-$1 when you buy 2 Kellogg's Cereals

(6) Dreyers Smoothies and Shakes @ $1 ea
-$1/2 Dreyers Shakes or Smoothies

6 Boxes Meadow Gold Bars @ .99 ea w/in-store coupon & must buy 2
Somehow I missed this till now but looking at my receipt, it appears the cashier didn't take off the in store coupon for the Meadow Gold and I paid $1.49 each instead of .99. I will have to hop over there and get that taken care of. A good reminder to check your receipt BEFORE you leave the store!!!
-$1/2 Meadow Gold frozen novelties

Total Paid: $12.51
I will get my refund and it will bring my actual out of pocket down to $9.51. 

So I have $10 left in my budget for this Saturday's Flag Sale. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment