Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Monday, May 2, 2011

Walgreen's and Buy Low report

 I hit the Provo Walgreen's first. It is interesting to see which items each Walgreen's orders enough of. The one in Provo had plenty of the $2 Gumm Flossers on a side cap right across from the item's home. No limits. I grabbed two. They were all out though, of the Tylenol Precise pads and the Cottonelle toilet paper.
 I called the Springville Walmart and they informed me that they had plenty of Cottonelle. I hit Buy Low in Provo to grab some veggies and then hit Springville. The Springville Walgreen's had no Cottonelle on the shelf but plenty in back. ALWAYS ASK!!! Springville also had about 5 of the Tylenol precise on the shelf, pushed way back. I grabbed two. They were totally out of the Gum flossers however and there is a limit of 2 when they do get more in.




 Between the two Walgreen's I was able to get the things I really wanted;
Cottonelle Toilet Paper $4 ea  Earn $3 RR wyb 2, Earn $4 RR wyb 3. I did the math and it's actually .16 cheaper per package if you do 2 at a time. I will be getting more at the Provo store tomorrow as they are getting a shipment in. There will be a limit of 4 per customer.
-.50/1 online coupon
-$1 off store coupon (May coupon booklet)
Tylenol Precise $7.99 ea
-$3 off Walgreen's coupon (May coupon booklet)
-$5 off tylenol precise online coupon= FREE
Milk $1.99 ea (well stocked in both stores)
Scotch Tape .39 w/in-ad coupon (This product is not hanging on a peg but rather is down in a bin. Took me a minute to find it. Both stores had plenty in stock)
Wall-dryl Allergy B1G1 @ $3.49 ea (both stores had enough of this to go around)
Gum eeze-thru Flossers $2.00  Earn $2.00 RR= FREE
Total Retail Value $ 61.75
Total Spent  $20.12
I am not thrilled with my savings percentage here. I know that if I was able to get everything at one store, I would have been able to get a better deal by using my rewards more strategically. Such is the nature of the game. I am happy to have gotten several things that I have been needing and to get them at great prices! Must stay positive!
Ps. Both stores were out of the Right Guard 5 deodorant and body wash and also the Noxema razors, and the 13.5 oz Head and Shoulders. :(

 At Buy Low, I wasn't thrilled with what I found sale wise. I hadn't had a chance to check out their ad online before I went into town so I had no idea what there might be. I got a few things but the rest of my produce I will grab at Macey's as they have a couple of good things ending tomorrow.



 The Green Cabbage was .59/lb.
Zucchini .79/lb.
cauliflower .69/lb.
yellow squash  3 lb/$1
Mushrooms 2/$3
Cilantro 2/$1
I spent just $7.79.

I won't be hitting Buy Low's produce sale this week. It isn't worth the gas to head into town 3 times in one week. In case you want to though, here's what you'll find:
Wednesday & Thursday only:
Strawberries $1 per lb
Cucumbers 4/$1
yellow onion 4 lb/$1
Italian Squash 2 lb/ $1
Pink Grapefruit 3/$1
Pippin Apples 3 lb/$1
 I'm going to check the produce prices at Walmart tomorrow and will see if they are any better on any of these. You can always ad match them. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment