Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Today at Walmart.. Clearance Clothing!

 Today the kids and I have been taking it easy. I am getting over a nasty cold and sore throat and am sick of having run around rushing days! So today we had a nice slow morning and then finally got things going. The only shopping we did was at Walmart. My intent was just to grab a b-day gift for my mom in law. At the front of the store by the registers though, were several racks of clearance ladies clothing!! I had to take a gander when I saw the price; $1.00!!! The most expensive things were just $2. I got several great tops and a pair of leggings. I was thrilled! I have lost 60 pounds now, if I may take a moment to toot my own horn (TOOT!! TOOT!!!)  and so I am in dire need of some new clothes but I am of course a total penny pincher and so this deal was just perfectly timed! I also grabbed two clearance necklaces to accessorize my new items.




 I am so excited to play dress up and to mix and match the new stuff with things I already have. :) You can be fashionable on a budget! I promise! It is possible!!!
 I also grabbed a couple other things and took advantage of a Hidden Valley deal I came up with.




 The mushrooms were $1.49. The Hidden Valley Ranch (24 oz) was on rollback for $2.98. I wanted regular lite ranch but they were out of stock so I grabbed Buttermilk lite. Might as well have some variety now and then. :)  I used (2) -$1/1 Hidden Valley coupons. The Carefree liners were .94 and I used a -$1 coupon to get it for FREE. The Reach Floss was .88 and I of course used a -$1 coupon to get it FREE also.
 I grabbed a fabulous coupon from a tear pad at Macey's the other day for $1 off any fresh produce wyb 2 Hidden Valley Ranch Dressings. So I used that to get my .89 bunch of Red Leaf Lettuce for FREE!
 What a fun little shopping adventure!
 Yes, I know I have a million things of Reach Floss... but as long as they are going to keep being FREE, I am going to keep picking them up! Same with the Carefree liners! :) FREE is for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment