Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Big Prep Day!

This Saturday is my yard sale extravaganza! I have been steadily working toward being ready for it for several weeks. Tomorrow is my big prep day! It is definitely a lot of work but it is so worth it to me!
I've also been getting tons of stuff listed on ebay and ksl. I just love getting the text messages from paying customers! Especially when it's something I found in the bins or dumpsters! Such satisfaction!
After yesterday's family cleaning day, my cluttered, messy office was standing out like a sore thumb! I have spent the last few hours working on it and it just feels wonderful! I found things I forgot I had and tons more stuff for the yard sale.
I promised myself and James that my little business would never take over our home and I have done a pretty great job at that. There is always room for improvement though! We have a wasted piece of concrete on the side of our house. It is my new storage location which has freed up the office, shed, and attic. I'm working on getting the supplies to have James build me a nice little shed of my own over there so I can sell and store all year without filling up the shed or attic.
I've decided this is definitely a long term thing I have going here. I don't want to get a 'real job,' but I have lots that I want to do with my family and with my home. This is the way to do it! I know it isn't for everyone, but I thoroughly enjoy it.
I do need to be more organized though. I am working on a filing system of some kind so I can always find what I need when I need it and so I know what I have. I worked in retail for a long time so I'm thinking I'll set it up the way we did things at Walmart..... I'll let y'all know when I get it done!
Suffice it to say that today there has been a lot of progress made and a lot more progress is coming soon!
I can hardly wait for Saturday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment