Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Hot Day Shopping

 The kids and I hit several places today. It was tough but we did it! First stop was the gym. Then the allergy clinic for shots. After that, we hit Walgreens.




 I grabbed one of the Slim Fast packs at $4.99. I had a $1 coupon but it turned out to be expired. :(
The Allergy meds were B1G1 at $3.49 ea. The Gum 2-pack toothbrushes were $2.00 and then earned me $2 in rewards. I bought the brushes first and used the rewards to buy the rest.
Total Spent: $9.00

 Then we hit Buy Low. Lots of great deals! I spent the majority of my budget there.
  Here's what we have:
Tomatoes: .89/lb
Leaf Lettuce .89 ea
Grapes $1.00/lb
Fuji Apples .50/lb

Cauliflower .89/lb
Mushrooms 2/$3

  Nectarines .50/lb
Red onions 3 lb/$1
Yellow Onions 4 lb/$1
Italian Squash .69/lb
Cucumbers 4/$1
White Potatoes 3 lb/$1
Broccoli .99/lb

French Bread .50 each w/in-ad coupon
Garbanzo Beans .50 ea (they were dented, hence the discount. Always check the clearance carts!)
An unadvertised deal I found were the 98% fat free cans of Cream of Chicken soup. I've been waiting for a deal for a few weeks. It's tough being out of a staple!! You have to be dedicated though and stick to the plan! If it isn't on sale, you WAIT!!!  $.95 per can is a good price for this particular item. I cleaned out the shelf. Not nice, I know. :( I don't know when I'll find another deal, so I went a little wild. I also grabbed some of the .69 cans of cream soup that are regular fat content.
Total Spent: $46.00

 After this, we went to Iguana Inks to grab an ink cartridge. They always have what I need and it's always a good price.
 Finally, we hit Shopko in SF to pick up a prescription. While there, I was thrilled to find some of my Slim Fast shakes on clearance for $3.74 each!



 I have a new $1 coupon from the shakes I bought at Walgreen's, so I might go back and buy another pack. I love these surprise opportunities to stock up on staples!
Total Spent: $11.56 (these are regularly $7.99 each at Shopko!!)
It was a rough trip and I was thrilled to get home!! So glad I got it done! The savings really are worth it!! I'm having a fabulous birthday party this weekend for my daughter and we wouldn't be able to do that without all the savings we have acquired through my diligence. I am pretty dang proud of this and I know that all the kids will have a good time. It's all about priorities friends. You save money on necessaries and you'll have money for the fun stuff. 
  My daughter saved her money and was able to buy a fish with her own money. We are all in love with it. I was able to order a nice tank and filter for her and it wasn't hard to do, knowing how much money we have saved in other areas. I'm grateful for the opportunities to teach my daughter how to save and spend wisely. You can do the same with your kids. Be an example and that will make it much easier! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment