Current Projects

  • Couponing like crazy!
  • Turning Junk into Treasure!
  • Saving Plastic Bottles from Landfills!

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Flowers at Shopko

 Thanks to a fabulous tip from my neighbor, I hit my local Shopko to take advantage of their 75% off gardening department! I only spent $6.46 and brought home a huge variety of perennials! Average prices: .54-.67 each!!! And they were all in surprisingly good condition!
 If you are wanting to add to your landscape or even just a few potted plants to your porch, jump on this deal!! Even if the perennials don't look fabulous this year, they will come back next year and be amazing! All for a fraction of the price you'll pay at the beginning of next season! With enough water and proper care, you can definitely plant them now!!!
 There are also tons of other gardening supplies available at rock bottom prices! I will be going back for their Arbor Vitae trees at $1.16 each! I will add them to my "living fence" in my backyard. I am so happy to be saving this kind of money! For around $10, plus a couple bags of peat moss, I will finish my fence!
 You can have a beautiful yard without spending a fortune. You just have to know when to shop. It also doesn't hurt to put the word out to family and friends that you are in the market for some plants. Many gardeners thin out perennials in the fall. If they know you're interested, you could be on the receiving end of some fabulous freebies! I have acquired so many wonderful plants that way!
 Happy Shopping and Gardening!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment